On this page:
- Rehearsals and concerts
- Dates for your diary
- Your commitment and attendance
- Novotel location and rooms
- Subs (membership fees)
- Registration and Gift Aid form
- Facebook and WhatsApp groups
- Attending Committee meetings
Rehearsals and concerts
We normally rehearse on Monday nights from 7pm to 9.30pm, for nine weeks before each concert. If one of those Mondays falls on a bank holiday then we rehearse on the Tuesday instead.
We rehearse at Novotel London West, Hammersmith, in the Chablis Suite on the ground floor.
Dates for your diary
|12 September 2022||First rehearsal for winter concert|
|12 November 2022||Winter concert|
Subscribe to our online calendar
Subscribe using your smartphone or computer, and your calendar will always be up to date with our latest schedule. Follow these instructions for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Google Calendar, Outlook.com or Outlook for work, and use this calendar address: https://goo.gl/dyA91D.
Your commitment and attendance
We can only be successful if everyone makes a real commitment to rehearsals and concerts, so we need you to:
- Tell us your availability for concerts as soon as you can after we announce the dates. We normally expect you to play all 3 main concerts each year.
- Attend at least 6 Monday rehearsals plus the mandatory concert day rehearsal, unless you have agreed otherwise with the conductor (normally only if you have little to do in a particular work)
- If you need to miss a rehearsal or a concert, tell your section manager as soon as you can (but we expect you not to drop out of a concert within 3 months without a very good reason).
New members of the orchestra join us on a trial basis, with membership confirmed on completion of successful first term.
Novotel location and rooms
- Chablis Suite (our usual rehearsal room) is on the ground floor
- Bourg, Alsace, Muscadet: mezzanine floor
- Bourgogne: first floor
- Bordeaux: second floor
Subs (membership fees)
- £12.50 per month by standing order (preferred), or
- £65 per term paid at the beginning of each term (payable by bank transfer or cheque), or
- £150 per year – if paid during the autumn term (payable by bank transfer or cheque)
- Concessions: £6.25 a month by standing order or £40 a term
Registration and Gift Aid form
If you’ve moved house or are new to the orchestra please print and fill in this form and give it to our treasurer:
Registration and Gift Aid form [Word doc]
Facebook and WhatsApp groups
Join our FSO members Facebook group to get news and updates from the committee and other FSO players.
We also have a social WhatsApp group – please ask a member of the committee for details.
Attending committee meetings
Members of the orchestra are welcome to attend committee meetings. If you would like to come to a meeting please email our secretary Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org