On this page:
- Rehearsals and concerts
- Your commitment and attendance
- Novotel location and rooms
- Registration and Gift Aid form
- Facebook group
- Attending Committee meetings
We rehearse from 7pm to 9.30pm on Monday nights, for nine weeks before each concert. Rehearsals are at Novotel London West (Hammersmith) unless otherwise stated. We’re usually in the Chablis Suite on the ground floor of the hotel. If a Monday rehearsal would fall on a bank holiday then we rehearse on the Tuesday instead.
Dates for your diary
We have an online calendar which you can subscribe to on your smartphone or computer. You only have to subscribe once, and your electronic diary will always stay up to date with the latest rehearsal schedule. Follow these instructions for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Google Calendar, Outlook.com and Outlook, and use this calendar address: https://goo.gl/dyA91D.
|Mon 16 Apr||Novotel||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 tutti|
|Mon 23 Apr||Novotel||Rehearsal for Westfield event|
|Mon 30 Apr||Novotel||Rehearsal for Westfield event|
|Tue 08 May||Novotel||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 (ww/hn/str)|
|Mon 14 May||Hammersmith Town Hall||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 tutti|
|Mon 21 May||Wathen Hall (St Paul’s School)||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 tutti|
|Tue 29 May||Hammersmith Town Hall||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 (ww/hn/str)|
|Mon 04 Jun||Wathen Hall (St Paul’s School)||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 tutti|
|Sat 09 Jun||Westfield Shopping Centre (H&F ArtsFest)||Times have changed to:
Rehearsal 1pm, concert 3-4pm
|Mon 11 Jun||Novotel||Nielsen 3 / Vaughan Williams 3 tutti|
|Sat 16 Jun||Concert at Hammersmith Town Hall||(rehearsal 14:30, concert 19:30)|
- 17 November 2018, St John’s Smith Square (60th anniversary concert)
- 23 March 2019, Hammersmith Town Hall
- 22 June 2019, Hammersmith Town Hall
We can only be successful if everyone makes a real commitment to rehearsals and concerts, so we need you to:
- Tell us your availability for concerts as soon as you can after we announce the dates. We normally expect you to play all 3 main concerts each year.
- Attend at least 6 Monday rehearsals plus the mandatory concert day rehearsal, unless you have agreed otherwise with the conductor (normally only if you have little to do in a particular work)
- If you need to miss a rehearsal or a concert, tell your section manager as soon as you can (but we expect you not to drop out of a concert within 3 months without a very good reason).
New members of the orchestra join us on a trial basis, with membership confirmed on completion of successful first term.
- Chablis Suite is on the ground floor
- Bourg, Alsace, Muscadet: mezzanine floor
- Bourgogne: first floor
- Bordeaux: second floor
- £12.50 per month by standing order (preferred), or
- £65 per term paid at the beginning of each term (payable by bank transfer or cheque), or
- £150 per year – if paid during the autumn term (payable by bank transfer or cheque)
- Concessions: £6.25 a month by standing order or £40 a term
If you’ve moved house or are new to the orchestra please print and fill in this form and give it to our treasurer:
Registration and Gift Aid form [Word doc]
Join our FSO members Facebook group to get news and updates from the committee and other FSO players.
Members of the orchestra are welcome to attend committee meetings. If you would like to come to a meeting please email our secretary Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org