On this page:
- Rehearsals and concerts
- Your commitment and attendance
- Novotel location and rooms
- Registration and Gift Aid form
- Facebook group
- Attending Committee meetings
Rehearsals and concerts
We rehearse from 7pm to 9.30pm on Monday nights, for nine weeks before each concert. Rehearsals are at Novotel London West (Hammersmith) unless otherwise stated. We’re usually in the Chablis Suite on the ground floor of the hotel. If a Monday rehearsal would fall on a bank holiday then we rehearse on the Tuesday instead.
Dates for your diary
Subscribe to our online calendar using your smartphone or computer, and your calendar will always be up to date with our latest schedule. Follow these instructions for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Google Calendar, Outlook.com or Outlook, and use this calendar address: https://goo.gl/dyA91D.
- 16 September 2019 – First rehearsal for November concert
- 16 November 2019 – Concert – Wathen Hall
- 20 January 2020 – First rehearsal for March concert
- 21 March 2020 – Concert – St Paul’s Hammersmith
- 27 April 2020 – First rehearsal for June concert
- 27 June 2020 – Concert – St John’s Smith Square
Your commitment and attendance
We can only be successful if everyone makes a real commitment to rehearsals and concerts, so we need you to:
- Tell us your availability for concerts as soon as you can after we announce the dates. We normally expect you to play all 3 main concerts each year.
- Attend at least 6 Monday rehearsals plus the mandatory concert day rehearsal, unless you have agreed otherwise with the conductor (normally only if you have little to do in a particular work)
- If you need to miss a rehearsal or a concert, tell your section manager as soon as you can (but we expect you not to drop out of a concert within 3 months without a very good reason).
New members of the orchestra join us on a trial basis, with membership confirmed on completion of successful first term.
Novotel location and rooms
- Chablis Suite (our usual rehearsal room) is on the ground floor
- Bourg, Alsace, Muscadet: mezzanine floor
- Bourgogne: first floor
- Bordeaux: second floor
- £12.50 per month by standing order (preferred), or
- £65 per term paid at the beginning of each term (payable by bank transfer or cheque), or
- £150 per year – if paid during the autumn term (payable by bank transfer or cheque)
- Concessions: £6.25 a month by standing order or £40 a term
Registration and Gift Aid form
If you’ve moved house or are new to the orchestra please print and fill in this form and give it to our treasurer:
Registration and Gift Aid form [Word doc]
Join our FSO members Facebook group to get news and updates from the committee and other FSO players.
Attending committee meetings
Members of the orchestra are welcome to attend committee meetings. If you would like to come to a meeting please email our secretary Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org