On this page:
- Rehearsals and concerts
- Your commitment and attendance
- Novotel location and rooms
- Registration and Gift Aid form
- Facebook group
- Attending Committee meetings
Our rehearsals are from 7pm to 9.30pm on Monday nights, for nine weeks before each concert, and are at Novotel London West (Hammersmith) unless otherwise stated. We’re usually in the Chablis Suite on the ground floor of the hotel. If there’s a bank holiday the rehearsal is on the Tuesday.
Please note these dates have changed to:
- First rehearsal: Monday 24 April
- Tuesday 2 May
- Monday 8 May (Hammersmith Town Hall)
- Monday 15 May
- Monday 22 May
- Tuesday 30 May
- Monday 5 June
- Monday 12 June
- Thursday 15 June
- Concert day: 17 June 2017, 2.30pm, Hammersmith Town Hall (concert at 7.30pm)
- 18 November 2017
- 17 March 2018
- 16 June 2018
We can only be successful if everyone makes a real commitment to rehearsals and concerts, so we need you to:
- Tell us your availability for concerts as soon as you can after we announce the dates. We normally expect you to play all 3 main concerts each year.
- Attend at least 6 Monday rehearsals plus the mandatory concert day rehearsal, unless you have agreed otherwise with the conductor (normally only if you have little to do in a particular work)
- If you need to miss a rehearsal or a concert, tell your section manager as soon as you can (but we expect you not to drop out of a concert within 3 months without a very good reason).
New members of the orchestra join us on a trial basis, with membership confirmed on completion of successful first term.
- Chablis Suite is on the ground floor
- Bourg, Alsace, Muscadet: mezzanine floor
- Bourgogne: first floor
- Bordeaux: second floor
- £65 per term with a £15 discount if you pay by the fourth week of rehearsals; or
- £12.50 per month if you pay by standing order.
- Concessions: £40 per term with a £15 discount if you pay by the fourth week of rehearsals.
If you’ve moved house or are new to the orchestra please print and fill in this form and give it to our treasurer:
Registration and Gift Aid form [Word doc]
Join our FSO members Facebook group to get news and updates from the committee and other FSO players.
Members of the orchestra are welcome to attend committee meetings. If you would like to come to a meeting please email our secretary Nick at email@example.com