Judith Weir – Winter Song
Ralph Vaughan Williams – Symphony No. 5
Tom Evans leader
Marc Dooley conductor
3 July 2021, 6.30pm
St Paul’s Church, Hammersmith
This concert will last about 60 minutes and there will be no interval. Please note the early start time.
Tickets: full price £10, under-18s £6.50. Pre-book online only. Friends of FSO get a free ticket.
About this concert
This very special concert will be our first public performance for a year and a half.
Winter Song, by Judith Weir, is about the need to keep going through hard times, with the prospect of sunshine ahead. Every player is a soloist, each with their own intricate line to perform, forming a chain of melody throughout.
Vaughan Williams’ Fifth Symphony was written and premiered during World War II and evokes an oasis of serenity and hope in times of trouble.
Please check this page for the latest information before your visit. We are acting in accordance with government guidelines, which are subject to change.
- Everyone on the same booking will need to sit together as a group. Please only buy tickets for people in the same household or support bubble on the same booking. This is to comply with current government guidelines on meeting indoors.
- Audience seating will be socially distanced only if required by the government guidance on the day of the concert.
- Please arrive in good time. If social distancing is required, it may take longer than usual to show you to your seat on arrival.
- Audience members will need to wear masks only if required by the government guidance on the day of the concert.
- Pre-booking online is essential. Entry is by pre-booked ticket only.
- When you book we will ask for the name and contact details of one member of your group so that we can share them with the NHS Test and Trace service for the purposes of contact tracing if they request it.
- Please stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact in the past 14 days with someone who has coronavirus. If you’re unable to attend the concert please contact us for a refund (details are on your booking confirmation email).
Photo of Hammersmith Bridge copyright © St Paul’s Hammersmith